Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Sous Chef

I have a new sous chef!!
And I can tell you all those stories about jealous chefs behaving badly are true. In this kitchen at least!!
Move over ingrid. Here comes Arthur!!
While I've always enjoyed cooking, it wasn't until we started eating gluten free food that I started baking. George has never really had any interest in cooking. I can't help but wonder if that is because he didn't get to sample cake batter as a toddler!! Arthur  didn't help with these little veggie patties I whipped up to take to little athletics though. Seems his speciality is chocolate cake!
It's amazing what you can scrape together when the night before when you realise you don't have any bread!  In a food processor I wizzed up a tin of chickpeas, carrot and zucchini, a couple of Scuzzy and Middle Chooks eggs, ground coriander & cumin, onion, garlic and ginger. If I had any fresh coriander I would've popped that in too. They were yummy!! Especially with the sweet chilli sauce. Add some olives, Manu sourdough bread and veggie sticks and you have yourself a really yummy lunch. I should mention in addition to the lunch in the pic above, I took blueberry muffins and fruit. George and Ingrid ate the lot by 11am. 
Seems Arthur has taken to the potty well so far as you can see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment